The Photography & Digital Arts department is currently seeking photography teachers for our Intro to DSLR Photography classes beginning Fall 2018. Teachers are paid $15/hour. See our spring class schedule for example of class structure >>To apply please email a cover letter and resume to Megan at email@example.com
The Photography & Digital Arts department is currently seeking photography teachers for our 2018-2019 Studio 678 after school photography and writing program.
Our students are 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students who attend Wilson Foundation Academy and you will be working with the same group of 5 students throughout the program.Teachers meet for 24 sessions on Thursdays, Sept. 27-April 4, 12:30-6:30pm and 3 Saturdays, Sept. 29, October 6, and Oct. 13 or 20, 8:30am -3pm.
Our program culminates in an Awards Ceremony, Book Release, and Exhibition Reception at The Link Gallery in City Hall in April.
Lead teachers MUST
• Know how to use a 35mm film camera and how to make black and white prints in the darkroom.
• Have some prior experience working with youth and be willing to establish mentoring relationships.
• Commit to ALL meetings and be consistently available via phone or email.
• Not be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
• Other helpful skills include studio lighting, matting & framing, creative writing (poets are involved in our program and will assist), and basic knowledge of scanning, Photoshop, and InDesign.
We do not expect every teacher to be expert in ALL areas and can provide training/assistance as needed.
Teachers are paid by semester at $22/hour and receive payment in December and again in April. Be aware that you may need to devote additional hours per week planning field trips and activities, editing student pictures, and contacting families/following up with students.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to Youth Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org